Thursday, March 27, 2008

reesees pieces

yummy. Have we ever thought about what it would feel like to be a piece of food? If they were alive I mean. Well some animals ingest their food alive, like snakes eating mice...One time I went to the new bug place thats somewhere in between school and downtown and we came on a "good day" because this snake was fed once a month and today was the day. Of course I didnt want to watch, being a veggie, so I stood in the other room. I tried to watch at first but it was too horrific watching that poor mouse be put from a tiny box into this enclosed glass cage with no way to escape and it was squeeking the whole time....oh it was tooo sad! I had to leave but I coulnt escape the sounds! So sad! In the end they fed it 2 mice and i had to go outside. My mom was all like, "look how cool this is Rae! Come on! its neat! This would have happened any way..." Would it have? The mouse would have had a chance in the wild. But no. Here it was bred especially so taht it had no diseases that would kill the snake or whatever. So sad but...back to the first question....what would it feel like to be swallowed alive and whole? From what the bug people said the mouse gets suffocated slowly inside the snake and is slowly disintegrated by the snakes internal fluids. It cant even die a little bit faster by losing blood because the snake never really bites it enough to make it bleed. I dont know if it was a poisonous snake but I dont think it was....those kind of snakes would probably not eat live mice but almost dead ones. so if you were a mouse and had to be eaten pray that its a poisonous one, right?

No comments: