Tuesday, April 1, 2008

black nail polish

so...im reaaally angry right now. Want to know why? Ask me. There is no way to explain fully with no emotion or without seeing teh expression on my face when I talk but I'll give you the basics anyway because you probably dont care and dont want to hear me rant on and on about builders. Well, my dad is one and what makes me all the more angry is that he says he would probably do the same thing in his position. If you are a builder and you're reading this then know that you are killing us! People like me who are "environmental freaks" should be listened to! YOU are the ones killing our source of oxygen...trees! Life giving, wonderful trees! They are trying, slowly but surely, to save our planet by undoing the destruction we humans are causing on the earth. I know you've heard about global warming about a gazillion times so I'll save my lecture on saving energy and water for another time but just one fact before I tell you the actual story and stop ranting: If every american home, jsut us Americans, uses just one energy efficient light bulb then we would save enough energy to light more than 3 million homes for a year, more than $600 million in annual energy costs, and prevent greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions of more than 800,000 cars! That's pretty impressive, you've got to say! And just because I have 3 in my house doesnt mean you can get away with not doing this! Its not that much to ask, they only cost a few cents more! Check them out! Okay, on with the story. Imagine, you've been living in this beautiful house for about 4 or 5 years and you all love it. Sure its a little big for y'all compared to the smaller house you had downtown which was waaaay too small for 5 people and 2 dogs. So you love this house and, as a reader, love to sit outside and enjoy the small wooded area in the back of the house. It doesnt belong to you. About a year ago a building company bought it and the large area of land around it and started a new subdivision. This subdivision soon decides it wants to build on the land right behind your house which belongs to a much older subdivision that has been there for a while. They decide they are going to build a house right, and I mean right, behind yours. Well, you dont really understand it at the time exactly what they are going to do but you know your parents have bought a little slice of land right behind your house to save some trees as well as keep them from building right on top of you. You thought at first that they wouldnt cut down all the trees, only a few, but you were wrong. You forgot to factor in that these trees are on a sloping hill that goes into a small valley with a river. How were they going to build a house on a slop? It had to be flat ground. So one day you come home to find that they have marked off the area that is theirs and a day later the area where trees will be cut down, not even saving the smaller ones to be replanted elsewhere. All of those beautiful trees that have been trying to grow for many, many years. And these trees arent even old for trees. They are very young, being cut down while they are in their glory years. Turning colors in the fall, blooming beautiful blossoms in the spring, turning bright green in summer and reminding us that life isnt all, school and burying our heads in books, and finally it is being covered with snow in winter and lending their branches to use to use as snowman arms. Trees give so much to us. This subdivision does not need to cut down all these trees in order to get to teh ordinary dirt in an ordinary hill that is making their natural earth hard to build on. I say build somewhere else on that huge land that you own! You've already cut down gazillions of trees so why not a few more? I'll say why. In a few years the smoke and refuse from the houses you and others like you have built will have killed us all. Bringing global warming to a climax and helping the earth to get to another warming period unnaturaly! The ice caps are melting people! Global warming is real and it's happening now! I said I wouldnt give you my lecture and I wont but...good god. If you are one of those people who think this is natural you are the crazy freak, not me! You are the one who is pretending we dont have problems on this planet of ours when we do! We have a lot of problems! And we need to act, even if it is something small! Although, like in the Islamic religion it is not the fullest of your extent! The people who are reading this blog are rich enough to buy a computer so you should at least do one small thing, like me! Energy efficient light bulbs, we're starting to recycle, I'm helping our school to turn green, you could start a compost heap, help pick litter off the streets, help the Jews plant trees on Tu'Bshevat Day! Somthing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a message from yo mamma;
"Save me honey! I'm being destroyed by you and your people! I'm not that green any more! I don't feel very good! I love you but you need to save me! Love, mother earth. P.S. Go green!"

No comments: